Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik looks back on over 100 years of company history. Back then, and also today, the company’s development stood for a remarkable understanding of technology and markets, as well as entrepreneurial vision and braveness.
Thanks to a large picture archive, Hauhinco possesses pictures of nearly all years of its history. On the following sites only a small amount of these pictures are shown. The impressive history of the company will however be illustrated clearly.
The Company is founded by Gustav and Rudolf Hausherr on November 1st 1908 as Märkische Bohrmaschinen-Fabrik Gebr. Hausherr. In the beginning only pneumatic tools for mining and stone pit operations were manufactured.
After only three years the company already had 30 employees due to the rising demand of rock drills. The company is changed into a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH) ("limited liability company"). Motors for rocking conveyors are added to the product range.
Fabrication of compressed-air rivet- and chipping hammers. The factory building near the railroad station in Sprockhövel is bought. This building is still part of Hauhinco today. The company's name changes to Maschinenfabrik Gebrüder Hausherr GmbH. In the same year the coke oven manufacturer, Gebrüder Hinselmann, from Essen, joins the company.
Ernst Hinselmann and Peter Jochums join the company as partners. The companys trade name is changed once again to Maschinenfabrik G. Hausherr, E. Hinselmann & Co. GmbH, short "Hauhinco".The company's administration moves from Sprockhövel to Essen. Essen is an important center of the coal industry at that time and home of many coal companies. The Hauhinco compressed-air pick axe is introduced in German underground mines.
Vertical conveyors, that allow a fluent downward transportation of the coal without friction, are manufactured. In the 1930s shutes, rubber belt conveyors, steel-articulated conveyors, vertical conveyors, conveyor cage feed units for main and blind shafts, complete units of filling stations with chain roads, rotary and lifting tables, as well as automatic loading points, were already part of the Hauhinco product range.
1936-1945: Development into a mining system supplier
1936: Hauhinco is changed into a Kommanditgesellschaft (KG) ("limited partnership"):
Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik G. Hausherr, Jochums & Co. KG.
1946-1955: Introduction of the steel crawlers and the wet rock drill
Conveyors and rock drills are further developed.
Development and production of pneumatic and electric powered high-pressure pumps for the hydraulic expansion of pits. The picture shows a Hauhinco EHP-3K high pressure plunger pump in the German Mining Museum in Bochum.
As a result of the mining crisis in the 1960s, Hauhinco began searching for other fields of activities. The result is the development and production of Railway car transport equipment for marshaling trains.
1966-1975: Development of new business units
As a third business unit Hauhinco develops and sells waste presses. Moreover Hauhinco produces letter and package wrapping stations, as well as the Car Wash "Autofix", in collaboration with the Schwelmer Eisenwerke, Müller & Co. GmbH.
1976-1985: Expansion and development of the Radial Piston Pump (RKP)
The subsidiary Hauhinco LP is founded in the USA.
Hydraulic valves for water hydraulic controls are developed. Hauhinco becomes a supplier for water hydraulic systems for mining and industrial applications. For mining turn key pump stations for underground mines all over the world are manufactured. For industrial applications water hydraulic press controls, drives, descaling- and hydroforming-systems are manufactured.
The new valve generation of 2/2 way seat valves in face mounting technology is introduced.
The Water hydraulic product portfolio is further developed
Hauhinco develops a new series of filling valves for hydraulic presses.
The pump EHP-3K 300S for mining and industrial applications is added to the product portfolio.
Installation of the first pump station with the EHP-3K 300 and variable frequency drive.
100 Years Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik
To celebrate this special occasion, long-term friends of the company were invited to the anniversary celebration at Zeche Zollverein, Essen.
The mining system technology is extended with a water treatment system. Furthermore Hauhinco develops valves for the pressure range PN 25 in the nominal size DN150 through DN300 for the first time.