• sales@hauhinco.de
  • +49 2324 705-0

Over 100 years of company history

Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik looks back on over 100 years of company history. Back then, and also today, the company’s development stood for a remarkable understanding of technology and markets, as well as entrepreneurial vision and braveness.

Thanks to a large picture archive, Hauhinco possesses pictures of nearly all years of its history. On the following sites only a small amount of these pictures are shown. The impressive history of the company will however be illustrated clearly.

1908: Foundation

The Company is founded by Gustav and Rudolf Hausherr on November 1st 1908 as Märkische Bohrmaschinen-Fabrik Gebr. Hausherr. In the beginning only pneumatic tools for mining and stone pit operations were manufactured.

1911

After only three years the company already had 30 employees due to the rising demand of rock drills. The company is changed into a Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung (GmbH) ("limited liability company"). Motors for rocking conveyors are added to the product range.

1914

Fabrication of compressed-air rivet- and chipping hammers. The factory building near the railroad station in Sprockhövel is bought. This building is still part of Hauhinco today. The company's name changes to Maschinenfabrik Gebrüder Hausherr GmbH. In the same year the coke oven manufacturer, Gebrüder Hinselmann, from Essen, joins the company.

1920

Ernst Hinselmann and Peter Jochums join the company as partners. The companys trade name is changed once again to Maschinenfabrik G. Hausherr, E. Hinselmann & Co. GmbH, short "Hauhinco".The company's administration moves from Sprockhövel to Essen. Essen is an important center of the coal industry at that time and home of many coal companies. The Hauhinco compressed-air pick axe is introduced in German underground mines.

1925

1926-1935: Weiterentwicklung zum Bergbau-Systemlieferanten

The company moves into the newly built office building at the Zweigertstraße in Essen. Shutes, rubber belt conveyors, and steel-articulated conveyors are added to the product portfolio.

1927

The commonly used name Hauhinco is added in the trade register in January 1927: Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik G. Hausherr, E. Hinselmann & Co. GmbH.

1930

Vertical conveyors, that allow a fluent downward transportation of the coal without friction, are manufactured. In the 1930s shutes, rubber belt conveyors, steel-articulated conveyors, vertical conveyors, conveyor cage feed units for main and blind shafts, complete units of filling stations with chain roads, rotary and lifting tables, as well as automatic loading points, were already part of the Hauhinco product range.

1936

1936-1945: Development into a mining system supplier

1936: Hauhinco is changed into a Kommanditgesellschaft (KG) ("limited partnership"):
Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik G. Hausherr, Jochums & Co. KG.

1945

Spiral chutes are manufactured and added to the product portfolio. The rock drill is further developed with a mechanism for a reduction of the recoil.

   

1946 - 1948

1946-1955: Introduction of the steel crawlers and the wet rock drill

1947/48
Conveyors and rock drills are further developed.

1951

1951
The Hauhinco steel crawler, a steel link conveyor with carrying rollers that run with the belt, as well as the Hauhinco wet rock drill, are added to the product range. Both products are a huge success.

     

1956 - 1958

1956-1965: 50 Years Hauhinco
Development of plunger pumps for longwall hydraulics

1957
The factory in Sprockhövel is expanded once again.

1958

Hauhinco celebrates its 50th anniversary.

1964

Development and production of pneumatic and electric powered high-pressure pumps for the hydraulic expansion of pits. The picture shows a Hauhinco EHP-3K high pressure plunger pump in the German Mining Museum in Bochum.

As a result of the mining crisis in the 1960s, Hauhinco began searching for other fields of activities. The result is the development and production of Railway car transport equipment for marshaling trains.

1966 - 1975

1966-1975: Development of new business units

1974
As a third business unit Hauhinco develops and sells waste presses. Moreover Hauhinco produces letter and package wrapping stations, as well as the Car Wash "Autofix", in collaboration with the Schwelmer Eisenwerke, Müller & Co. GmbH.

1976 - 1981

1976-1985: Expansion and development of the Radial Piston Pump (RKP)

1981
The subsidiary Hauhinco LP is founded in the USA.

1985

Based on the knowledge and experience in the field of water hydraulics that Hauhinco gained in the mining industry, the radial piston pump is developed and produced.

1986
1986-1995: Supplier for Water Hydraulic Systems
1988

Hydraulic valves for water hydraulic controls are developed. Hauhinco becomes a supplier for water hydraulic systems for mining and industrial applications. For mining turn key pump stations for underground mines all over the world are manufactured. For industrial applications water hydraulic press controls, drives, descaling- and hydroforming-systems are manufactured.

1989

Hauhinco moves into the newly built office building back from Essen to the production site in Sprockhövel.

1990

The new valve generation of 2/2 way seat valves in face mounting technology is introduced.

1991

Hauhinco focusses on the production of water hydraulic systems for mining and industrial applications, as well as railroad technology. The production and distribution of waste presses is assigned to a company in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.

1996

The Water hydraulic product portfolio is further developed

2001

The pump portfolio is extended with the EHP-5K 400S. The pump is initially developed for industrial applications.

2002

Hauhinco develops a new series of filling valves for hydraulic presses.

2004

2004
The pump EHP-3K 300S for mining and industrial applications is added to the product portfolio.

2007 - 2008

2007
Installation of the first pump station with the EHP-3K 300 and variable frequency drive.

2008
100 Years Hauhinco Maschinenfabrik
To celebrate this special occasion, long-term friends of the company were invited to the anniversary celebration at Zeche Zollverein, Essen.

2010

The mining system technology is extended with a water treatment system. Furthermore Hauhinco develops valves for the pressure range PN 25 in the nominal size DN150 through DN300 for the first time.

2011

The Hauhinco Waterman is introduced as a key visual to represent the brand with the goal to enhance the company's recognition.

2013

The EHP-5K 400S (flange mounting) is used in underground mining for the first time. The Hauhinco pump portfolio is extended with the EHP-3K 75.

1908
1911
1914
1920
1925
1927
1930
1936
1945
1946 - 1948
1951
1956 - 1958
1964
1966 - 1975
1976 - 1981
1985
1986
1988
1989
1990
1991
1996
2001
2002
2004
2007 - 2008
2010
2011
2013